Parent Alert is a mass notification system that sends recorded voice calls, text messages, or emails to thousands of individuals in minutes. Parent Alert supplements the existing means of communicating at Front Range Christian School, especially in the case of emergency where Parent Alert provides instantaneous communication to the entire school community.
Parent Alert Instructions
Please follow the directions below to verify your contact information and choose which phone numbers you would like Parent Alert to use. It is imperative that you verify your information and choose your Parent Alert preferences if you have not done so; otherwise you will not receive import phone calls (emails or text messages) to notify you of school closures, delays, or emergency situations.
Setting Up Your Parent Alert Contact Preferences
- Log into your current ParentsWeb account. (If you have not previously set up a ParentsWeb account, see the instructions at the end of this web page)
- Under the School Information menu, click on Web Forms
- Select the FRCS Family Demographic Form
- Choose a parent and click on the corresponding FRCS Custodial Parent Form – Each parent must verify their information and choose their preferences.
- This form contains the contact information we currently have for you in RenWeb
- Verify all your demographic information
- Make any necessary changes so we can update our database
- These email addresses will be used for all school communications, not just Parent Alert. If you do not wish to receive all school communications to a particular email address, please do not enter that address on the web form.
- Under the Preferences section, check Yes or No to tell Parent Alert whether or not you want to be called at each phone number (home/cell/work).
- When you have finished be sure to click the Save button. The changes will not immediately take effect in RenWeb, but will first be reviewed by FRCS staff.
- NOTE: Parent Alert messages may be sent via phone calls, text message, or email. The system gives FRCS the flexibility to decide the best method for sending a particular message. Please keep this in mind as you fill out your contact information and Parent Alert Contact Preferences.
Recognizing a Call or Text as a Parent Alert
When you receive a Parent Alert phone call it will come from 303-979-4582. When you receive a Parent Alert text message it will come from 223-83. If you set these numbers up in your phone directory as FRCS (or whatever identifier you like), you will recognize the calls as coming from FRCS.
- Scroll to the bottom of this web page and click the ParentsWeb Login link; this brings you to the Renweb ParentsWeb login screen
- Click on Create a New ParentsWeb Account
- A new screen will appear in which you will be asked to enter your email address; be sure to use the email address on file with FRCS. Then click Create Account
- RenWeb will immediately send an email to you. Open the email and click on the Click to change password link.
- In the user name field, enter whatever you want for your user name (if a user name is present you may use that one or type over it to change it). In the Password and Confirm fields, enter your password. The password must be at least 6 characters long and contain a letter and a number.
- Click Save Password and a message will display that the user name/password update has been successful.
- You may now return to the ParentsWeb login screen and use the User Name and Password you just created to log into ParentsWeb.
Follow the instructions at the top of this page to verify/change your contact information in RenWeb for Parent Alert.