Parent Alert is a mass notification system that sends recorded voice calls, text messages, or emails to thousands of individuals in minutes. Parent Alert supplements the existing means of communicating at Front Range Christian School, especially in the case of emergency where Parent Alert provides instantaneous communication to the entire school community.
Parent Alert Instructions
Please follow the directions below to verify your contact information and choose which phone numbers you would like Parent Alert to use. It is imperative that you verify your information and choose your Parent Alert preferences if you have not done so; otherwise you will not receive import phone calls (emails or text messages) to notify you of school closures, delays, or emergency situations.
Setting Up Your Parent Alert Contact Preferences
- Log into your current FACTS Family Online/ParentsWeb account. (If you have not previously set up a ParentsWeb account, click here for isntructions [pdf])
- Under the School Information menu, click on Web Forms
- Select the FRCS Family Forms
- Choose a parent and click on the corresponding FRCS Family Form – Each parent must verify their information and choose their preferences.
- This form contains the contact information we currently have for you in FACTS SIS (formerly RenWeb)
- Verify all your demographic information
- Make any necessary changes so we can update our database
- The email addresses will be used for all school communications, not just Parent Alert. If you do not wish to receive all school communications to a particular email address, please do not enter that address on the web form.
- Under the Preferences section, check Yes or No to tell Parent Alert whether or not you want to be called at each phone number (home/cell/work).
- When you have finished be sure to click the Save button. The changes will not immediately take effect in FACTS SIS/RenWeb, but will first be reviewed by FRCS staff.
- NOTE: Parent Alert messages may be sent via phone calls, text message, or email. The system gives FRCS the flexibility to decide the best method for sending a particular message. Please keep this in mind as you fill out your contact information and Parent Alert Contact Preferences.
Recognizing a Call or Text as a Parent Alert
When you receive a Parent Alert phone call it will come from 720-922-3269. When you receive a Parent Alert text message it will come from 223-83. If you set these numbers up in your phone directory as FRCS (or whatever identifier you like), you will recognize the calls as coming from FRCS.