Front Range Christian School employs a continuous enrollment model in which families are automatically enrolled each school year unless they “opt out.” Unless a family chooses to opt-out by March 1, a Continuous Enrollment Fee (CEF) is applied to accounts in March each year. This fee covers per student expenditures for the next school year and indicates a family’s commitment to having their children enrolled in the next school year. The CEF is spread out over three months (March, April, and May) to reduce the impact on each family’s monthly budget. Families who opt-out are expressing their intent not to return to FRCS and are therefore not charged the CEF.

This is a very basic overview of Continuous Enrollment at FRCS. For complete details, please read the FAQ below.

What Is Continuous Enrollment?

Yearly we retain better than 85% of our student body, which is a fairly steady record over the past several years. Traditional enrollment models require families who wish to return to re-enroll every year — a process that can seem both tedious and stressful. Continuous Enrollment allows us to create an opt-OUT process for annual enrollment which reduces that stress and creates fewer steps for families who wish to remain with our school. Once a family signs their Tuition and Continuous Enrollment Agreement, they do not have to sign it again.

Continuous Enrollment is a common-sense approach which is followed by almost all colleges and is being adopted by many Christian schools nationwide.

Does Continuous Enrollment Apply to All Students?

No. Preschool/PreK, Homeschool Enrichment, and part-time students will need to re-enroll each year. Please contact the Admissions Office or the front office of your child’s class for the re-enrollment form and instructions on completing the re-enrollment process.

Is there a Tuition and Continuous Enrollment Agreement form?

Yes, there is a Tuition and Continuous Enrollment Agreement Form, found in the Enrollment Packet that each family goes through when they first enroll with the school. The Continuous Enrollment only needs to be submitted once.

The Continuous Enrollment Form has the following points:

  • I hereby opt-in to continuous enrollment. This means that my children enrolled at FRCS will keep returning to FRCS every year unless I tell the school otherwise.
  • I understand that I have until the end of February every year to notify the FRCS Business Office of any changes in my plans of enrollment for my children.
  • I understand that the continuous enrollment fee will be drawn from my FACTS account and will be spread out over March, April, and May each year in three equal payments.
  • If I opt-out or dis-enroll my children after March 1, I understand that my continuous enrollment fee payment is non-refundable.
  • Unique circumstances: Front Range Christian School recognizes that family plans change. For any unique circumstances (such as the following) families dis-enrolling after the announced deadline will be entitled to a refund of the Continuous Enrollment fee:
    • Moving/relocating away from the area served by Front Range Christian School
    • Educational needs for the student that can no longer be met at Front Range Christian School as determined by FRCS
    • Withdrawal at the request of FRCS
    • Inadequate financial aid award
    • Other circumstances as approved by FRCS

What Is the Continuous Enrollment Fee?

The Continuous Enrollment fee (CEF), sometimes referred to as a registration fee in other schools, indicates your family’s commitment to having your children enrolled at FRCS for the next school year and provides funds for per-pupil expenditures that need to be made prior to the start of the next school year. The CEF is divided in thirds and charged over three months (March, April, and May) to reduce the financial impact on families’ monthly budgets.

How Is the CEF Collected?

The Continuous Enrollment fee is drawn from family FACTS accounts beginning in March, unless FRCS receives an opt-out form prior to March 1.

The March payment is approximately 1/3 of the CEF, the remaining payments to be withdrawn April and May, unless other arrangements are made with the Business office.

Does Our Family Need to have a FACTS Account?

Yes, all families will need to have a FACTS account for tuition collection. In addition to automatically collecting tuition payments, FACTS manages the collection of the continuous enrollment fee (CEF) payments and other fees, as needed.

Those families who already have a FACTS account do not need to register for one again. Those who do not should do so in January or February. The process is online and simple.

I will be applying for tuition assistance. What if I don’t know my tuition payment for next year?

  • When a completed tuition assistance application and supporting documents are submitted to FAST by April 15, the student’s enrollment becomes contingent upon acceptance of tuition assistance.
  • Tuition assistance will only be awarded when accounts are current; P3 hours may also be considered.
  • If tuition assistance is not adequate, the Continuous Enrollment payment will be refunded only if the tuition assistance deadline has been met and paperwork is completed.

I am enrolling a new sibling of a current student. What is the process for that?

Enrolling a new sibling follows the same process as a new student although the family interview process may be shortened or eliminated. Simply fill out the online application and, once submitted, the Admissions staff will walk you through the rest of the process.

My student is going from full-time to part-time or HSE. What do I need to do?

If your student is transferring from one of our full-time programs to either part-time or homeschool enrichment (any grade), you will need to opt-out, as continuous enrollment does not apply to the part-time and HSE programs. Please complete the opt-out/withdrawal form and select “Transferring within FRCS” in the reasons for leaving section. In the box that asks you to expand on this reason, please state that your student is either moving to part-time status or that they are moving to the homeschool enrichment program. This notifies both the Admissions Office and the Finance Department you are not withdrawing your student but transferring within Front Range Christian School.

What if I choose to opt-out after the deadline or I don’t meet the circumstances listed in the Agreement?

  • From the end of the opt out period until June 30 you will lose your continuous enrollment fee
  • From July 1 to the first day of school, you will be charged one month’s tuition
  • After the start of school you will be charged for the balance of the first semester

Why the penalty? These dates and charges are set due to the costs incurred by FRCS in anticipation of your child’s enrollment. Expenses such as supplies, consumable materials/curriculum and hiring of faculty are all made prior to the start of school and reflective of enrollment commitments.

Is there a penalty if I opt out and then decide to enroll later?

  • Your student’s spot at FRCS will no longer be guaranteed and will be subject to FRCS having space available in that grade(s).
  • The Tuition and Continuous Enrollment Agreement will need to be filled out again and the fee will need to be paid in full upon enrollment.
  • Financial Aid awards will be forfeited. Financial Aid applications will need to be resubmitted and awards will be made with any remaining funds, if available.

How do I opt-out?

If your family is in a position in which you need to opt out of continuous enrollment for your child(ren) at FRCS, please follow this simple procedure:

  1. Notify the principal of the appropriate campus or other school administrator. We encourage you to schedule a meeting to discuss any specific issues or concerns as per the Guidelines for Community Life listed in the Family Handbook. If there are no specific issues or concerns, for example your family is being relocated, scheduling this meeting is not required.
  2. Complete the Student Opt Out Form which is digitally submitted to both the Admissions Office and the Finance Department.
  3. Complete the anonymous survey regarding your experience at FRCS when it is sent to you.

Please remember that student records and transcripts are not released for withdrawn students until all current accounts are paid in full.

Who do I contact with questions?

Please email and we will forward your question to the appropriate person or department.