Positions are listed alphabetically and are open for the 2018/2019 school year, unless otherwise stated.
ECE Teacher (for the 2018/2019 school year)
Do you have a passion for children ages 3-5? Do you believe that teaching these young children will impact the rest of their lives? Are you hoping to teach in a Christ-based setting for a career filled with joy and true purpose? If so, you might be the new ECE professional teacher we’re looking for! Front Range Christian School has a rapidly growing preschool program that is looking for a new professional ECE teacher to join us in preschool or PreK in the fall of 2018. Applicants should believe in Christian education and have a passion for making a difference with children ages 3-5. The hours needed are 7:45am-1pm. Applicants must meet state qualifications for lead teacher and have a 4-year or associates degree with an emphasis in early childhood. Competitive salary, positive work environment, and always fun!
Please send resumes to FRCS Preschool Director Ron Downs (email@example.com).
Elementary Teachers (for the 2018/2019 school year)
Are you a passionate follower of Jesus Christ with a desire to disciple the next generation of believers? Are you passionate about educating children in elementary grades 3 or 5? Do you enjoy teaching all subjects from a Biblical worldview to inspire and challenge your students? Do you have an elementary education degree and a track record of success in teaching elementary school children? If so, we might have the opening for you. Front Range Christian School is seeking applicants for potential teachers in grades 3 and 5. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or an education-related field, Master’s preferred, and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience. A Colorado State Teaching License is also preferred but not required. The right candidates will be active and passionate followers of Jesus Christ with a calling to serve Christ in the classroom. These positions are open for the 2018/2019 school year.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Evidence of a vibrant and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Effective management of the classroom with consistent and compassionate enforcement of established school-wide expectations for behavior and conduct
- A strong background in teaching phonics-based reading.
- Experience or familiarity using the DIBELS reading assessment.
- Experience teaching cursive writing.
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, materials, and media to support instruction based on established curriculum scope and sequence
- Proven experience instructing students individually and in groups, using a variety of teaching methods, strategies and technologies–this includes the use of Apple technology (specifically the iPad) and Lexia Reading web-based literacy software
- Strength in observing and evaluating students’ performance, behavior, social and spiritual development, and physical health and then plan instruction accordingly; is able to adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Willingness to meet and communicate regularly with parents by phone, email and in person.
- Consistency in integrating a Biblical worldview throughout all core subject instruction
- Desire to plan outside instructional opportunities (field trips, guest experts) to enhance learning
- Track record of teaching students to think and planning instruction based on higher order thinking; plans instruction in order to engage all students through inquiry, observation, examination, questioning and demonstration
- The attitude of a lifelong learner with a humble, teachable spirit, able to receive constructive feedback and pursue personal excellence in instruction
- A willingness to participate in and contribute to a cohesive K-12 instructional emphasis (scope and sequence) through regular interaction with middle and high school teachers
FRCS offers a great work environment with benefits for full-time employees. Our teachers do more than just teach in the classroom; they are given the opportunity to mentor students, and serve the community alongside students to be a model of Christ’s love to the world. Our goal is to raise up Christian scholars, and our mission is to partner with the Christian home and the Church in training children for life and equipping them to impact the world for Christ.
If our goal and mission resonate with you, and you’d like to see if you might be a good fit with our community, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jr/Sr High Principal (starts July 1, 2018 or sooner)
Jr/Sr High Principal
Are you a strategic thinker with experience in teaching and administration with a passion for Christian discipleship in an academic setting? Do you have a strong desire to champion education that authentically engages students in their learning? Front Range Christian School is a growing and thriving community looking for someone to help us take our junior and senior high to the next level in our pursuit of raising up Christian scholars. We are a school that values training children for engaging the world in the public and social arena, outreach to the community, and partnership with parents.
The Junior/Senior High Principal is a part of the Executive Leadership Team and oversees all academic programs and teaching faculty from grades 7-12. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training and evaluating faculty, implementing curriculum, communicating with parents, organizing schedules, participating in the creation of a strategic plan, supervising student conduct, utilizing technology (for both administration and education), and fostering an environment of holistic Christian discipleship in an academic setting.
Mission: Front Range Christian School exists to partner with the Christian home and the Church in training children for life and equipping them to impact the world for Christ.
Incorporated in 1994, Front Range Christian School (FRCS) is a private, Christian school located in Littleton, Colorado. Over 400 students in preschool through high school receive a quality education in a “distinctively Christian” and “educationally excellent” environment. The school has graduated over 300 students, with a high percentage of those students attending college or serving in ministry around the world. Front Range Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED, and is a 501(c)3 institution.
As a part of its mission to train children for life, Front Range Christian School launched a full 1:1 iPad initiative in 2012. As teachers incorporate iPads, e-textbooks, and apps into curriculum and as students engage each other and faculty through the “cloud” and collaboration, students are learning both technology and the importance of responsible digital citizenship. Another part of the school’s mission, equipping students to impact the world for Christ, is realized through bi-monthly community service projects (through the school’s award-winning GO! Outreach program), annual practicum (which includes both local and international service opportunities), challenges from community service leaders, chapel themes, and intentional discipleship and mentoring for all students.
Please take a look around our website and learn more about us. If after seeing what we’re about, and after reading the job description (below) for this position, you think you might be a good fit for our school, please send your cover letter with salary requirements and your resume to email@example.com — please include “Jr/Sr High Principal” in the subject line. We then encourage you to pray with us that God will reveal His choice for this position at FRCS.
JOB TITLE: Junior/Senior High School Principal
REPORTS TO: Head of School
General Statement of Duties
The Jr./Sr. High Principal of Front Range Christian School oversees all academic programs and teaching faculty from 7th to 12th grade. He/she is a fully committed follower of Christ and proponent of Christian education. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training and evaluating faculty, implementing curriculum, communicating with parents, organizing schedules, participate in creating a strategic plan, supervising student conduct, utilizing technology, and fostering an environment of holistic Christian discipleship in an academic setting.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands of this job include extended periods of time typing and sitting at a desk. Work is mostly performed in an office environment, although this position also includes walking around the school. This job requires frequent use of computers, copiers and telephones. Work may occasionally require physical exertion to move, lift, carry, or pull heavy objects or materials.
Example of Duties
The Jr/Sr High Principal of Front Range Christian School:
- Understands best teaching practices and instructs faculty on teaching methodologies
- Implements an effective teacher evaluation process
- Is an excellent administrator and highly organized leader
- Leads faculty development for all 7-12 grade teachers
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Christian and secular curriculums
- Supervises office staff
- Composes a strategic plan for academic excellence based on Board end statements and State standards
- Communicates with and assists Christian parents in “training up a child in the way he should go.”
- Achieves measurable academic student progress goals in conjunction with the executive team
- Helps organize student class schedules
- Creates a positive, safe atmosphere for student learning
- Articulates and champions a vision for Christian education
- Understands child development and is able to adjust teaching and learning to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Provides staff and faculty with opportunities for professional growth
- Is involved in hiring new faculty
- Performs other duties as necessary
The Jr./Sr. High Principal of Front Range Christian School is:
- Humble and a Christian role model
- One who Manifests the fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 6:22-23) and display an eagerness to serve others (Luke 6:40)
- Someone who displays the spiritual gifts of administration and teaching (Rom. 12:7-8)
Must have a master’s degree in education from an accredited university or college.
Must have educational administrative experience of at least three (3) years. In addition, must have at least three (3) years of teaching experience. Must also be a committed follower of Christ and committed to embracing Front Range Christian School’s mission statement.
Create a distinctively Christian and educationally excellent school. Model superb teaching, and assist teachers in growing professionally and spiritually. Develop a competitive academic program in conjunction with the executive team. Support and develop a context of holistic education and campus-wide discipleship. Give strategic short-term and long-term direction to Front Range Christian School. Build academic programs that support our mission of “training children for life and equipping them to impact the world for Christ.”
Front Range Christian School is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.